Olga Zaytseva PhD - Researcher
2008 – 2013 Ph.D., Institute of Cytology and Genetics SB RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia
2003 - 2008 M.Sc. (Diploma), Department of Molecular Biology, Novosibirsk State University, Russia
2014 - Genos
2013 - current - Junior research fellow, Institute of Cytology and Genetics SB RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia
2008-2013 PhD student in Genetics, Institute of Cytology and Genetics SB RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia
PhD project title: “Phylogenetic releationships in the genus Pisum L. obtained on the basis of histone H1 genes”, under supervision of Dr Oleg E. Kosterin
High school and general public
Aug 2013 Faculty member of the School of Molecular and Theoretical Biology, Dynasty Foundation
Sept 2013 – current Teacher, Novosibirsk State University Specialized Educational Scientific Centre
Undergraduate and graduate
2010-current Teaching assistant, Department of Molecular Biology, Novosibirsk State University
As a result of my teaching experience I have compiled a set of education materials designed for students taking Molecular Biology course (in co-authorship with Dr Tatyana Kolesnikova, currently in press).
Future Biotech 2013, Summer School, Moscow, August 2013
IV International Young Scientists’ School “Genomics and Cell Biology”, Moscow-Zveniorod, Dec 2010
XII All-Russian School on Relevant Problems of Chemistry and Biology, Vladivostok, Sept 2009.
International School on Molecular Genetics for Young Scientists ‘Genomics and evolution’, Moscow-Zvenigorod, Dec 2008
Siberian Human Ethology Summer School, Novosibirsk, 2008
Presentations at conferences
All-Russian Vavilov Society of Geneticists and Selectionists Meeting, Novosibirsk, July 2013
16th Evolutionary Biology Meeting at Marseilles, Sept 2012
14th Evolutionary Biology Meeting at Marseilles, Sept 2010
2nd Moscow International Conference "Molecular Phylogenetics" (MolPhy-2), May, 2010
Honors and awards
Best oral presentation on the Meeting of All-Russian Genetics and Selection Society -2013
Awarded level C1 at Cambridge English: First – 2011
Novosibirsk scientific translation contest for university students prize - 2005.
My research was supported by following grants:
- Integration Complex Projects by Presidium of Siberian Russian Academy of Sciences No. 10-2 “Nature of Academy Town: results of half a century exploitation” and No. 6, “Dynamics of ecosystems of Academy Town: monitoring and working out recommendations on rational exploitation”
- Siberian and Far Eastern Branches of Russian Academy of Sciences collaborative research grant No. 63
- Russian Foundation for Fundamental Research grants 07-04-00111-a, 10-04-00230-a and 14-04-32008-mol-a
- Kosterin, O. E., Zaytseva, O. O., Bogdanova, V. S., Ambrose M. New data on three molecular markers from different cellular genomes in Mediterranean accessions reveal new insights into phylogeography of Pisum sativum L. subsp. elatuis (Beib.) Schmahl. // Genet. Resour. Crop Evol. 2010. V. 57. P. 733-739.
- Zaytseva, O.O., Bogdanova, V.S, Kosterin, O.E. Phylogenetic reconstruction at the species and intraspecies levels in the genus Pisum (L.) (peas) using a histone H1 gene. // Gene. 2012. V. 504. P. 192–202.
- Kosterin, O.E., Bogdanova, V.S., Kechin, A.A., Zaytseva, O.O., Yadrikhinskiy, A.K. Polymorphism in a histone H1 subtype with a short N-terminal domain in three legume species (Fabaceae, Fabaeae). // Mol Biol Rep. 2012. V. 39. P. 10681-95.
- Zaytseva, O.O., Gunbin K.V., Kosterin O.E. Reconstructing divergence and population traits in evolution of the genus Pisum L. with the aid of histone H1 genes.
- Zaytseva O.O., Tsepilov Y., Bevova M., Belyaeva D., Gracheva A.., Khomenko K., Knyazeva A., Kolesnikova E., Nikolaeva D., Yudaeva E., Logacheva M., Kulakovskiy I., Aulchenko Y. Variabiliry of a 402-bp mitochondrial DNA region in populations of domestic cat in Russia.